Friday, September 5, 2008

shadow wings...

We walked to school together this morning talking about his first week, and life in the third grade. (His sister has upgraded and roams the halls of middle school.)

I asked him about his favorite event so far. "Papa, there is this girl and, she talked to me...." Papa, she is in all my classes.... Papa, I like school." He's growing up. He's a bit taller. He has crushes. He looks forward to seeing her. His fancy for the feminine took flight.

On the return leg, I walked alone and paused to stare at a dragonfly perched on a steel cable. I expected it to fly away, but the insect remained grounded as I took the picture. Smiling, I thought to myself...this is a good omen.

3 comments:

Edgar said...

If you like dragonflies you should come visit, they are everywhere here and they are not shy. Check out my picture.

http://bp2.blogger.com/_wqItkS8dWfA/SII9OoyUT8I/AAAAAAAAATE/0XoiCUpgTh4/s1600-h/IMG_1307.jpg

Edgar

(Ken) said...

That is pasta de guayaba sweet con queso blanco cool! Love the picture.

Motownrunner said...

awesome photography primo

This blog is...

...a space for focusing and commenting on images, for ranting in the lexicon of pictures, for exploring the dissonance and/or consonance between words and digital hieroglyphs...an aperture into the marginalia of the everyday or the unusual.

Feel free to cast your own impression and post a comment, or remain underexposed, and lurk in the darkroom.

About Me

My photo
I am an anthropologist by training. I can daydream in a few languages, and enjoy finding hints of the exotic in the everyday.

Others' eccentricities...

photo(trope)ists...

Eye on the World

Click to leave a comment via GoogleVoice(mail)...