Sunday, February 8, 2009

Picture Perfect...

I have been a fan of the BBC and its website, especially the "Day in Pictures" segment, for quite a while. Each weekday afternoon, I dissolve myself in their array of photojournalistic vignettes. So when the BBC began requesting that readers from their world-wide audience submit pictures for its "Your Pictures, Your World" segment, I thought...sure, why not?

At the time, the four themes framing the solicitation were: Yellow, Water, Junk, and Numbers. I sent them one of my pictures a few weeks ago. Today, I peeked at the BBC website...and almost fell of my chair.

Take a closer look for yourself. Click here to see Daniela descending the yellow spiral staircase. There are 10 pictures in total. She and the staircase may be reached by clicking on number 8.

8 comments:

amalia said...

Wow!!! That is AWESOME!!!!

(Ken) said...

Gracias guapa...it does keep the dream alive...the one where I quit my day job :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Ken. Congrats on your recognition and your tireless creative eye. Point of information: was Daniela a willing participant or fleeing your tireless creative eye. If it's the former, props too to her patience.

Edgar said...

I read BBC almost daily and I like the Picture of the day, never thought they would post "non-professional" pictures.

Congrats, good picture!

Motownrunner said...

how exciting!!!! you are such a super star!!

(Ken) said...

exciting...de acuerdo. El resto que escribistes es una exageración. Pero te adoro...

Francisco Javier said...

Congrats! I like the idea of a journey where you can see the path ahead.

Elisa said...

Just how COOL is that...You photography and the BBC!!! AWESOME!

This blog is...

...a space for focusing and commenting on images, for ranting in the lexicon of pictures, for exploring the dissonance and/or consonance between words and digital hieroglyphs...an aperture into the marginalia of the everyday or the unusual.

Feel free to cast your own impression and post a comment, or remain underexposed, and lurk in the darkroom.

About Me

My photo
I am an anthropologist by training. I can daydream in a few languages, and enjoy finding hints of the exotic in the everyday.

Others' eccentricities...

photo(trope)ists...

Eye on the World

Click to leave a comment via GoogleVoice(mail)...