Friday, April 24, 2009

tulips, two-wheelers, and other tidbits...

Today, I indulged in a long lunch and walked across the Hill to the Senate side for some sushi. (The Dirksen office building cafeteria has a sushi stand, and the prices are ridiculously low. It is one of the Hill's best kept secrets.) On the way back, I walked through a sea of Segways sashaying behind the Capitol...a group of French-speaking tourists warming up for their guided procession.


Here are a few more tulips, tossed in with other tidbits of late. [Click here for the s(l)ideshow.]

6 comments:

Aida Rita said...

Oh my, 80's are considered oldies ... yikes !!

(Ken) said...

Pues si mija... :) I know! I'm going to plug in my iPod and play some Alphaville, Forever Young...

amalia said...

Wow! Those pictures gave me deja vu of the days I worked on the hill with your mom and the beautiful spring flowers....

(Ken) said...

(Those were good times...not too long ago.) These flowers and the constant landscaping and gardening provide a sense of tranquility...people at work...producing colorful results. It does seem surreal these days.

Motownrunner said...

Alphaville!!! I fear they landed in the pile of cassette tapes I took to the Salvation Army a couple of years ago. There were some treasures in that pile. Me encantan los tulips. Y las fotos de familia estan super. Abrazos, Margara

(Ken) said...

...just imagine, there is probably a young teenager listening to your Alphaville cassette with a Sony Walkman...walking down the streets of Madagascar or East Timor, nodding his head to the beat.

This blog is...

...a space for focusing and commenting on images, for ranting in the lexicon of pictures, for exploring the dissonance and/or consonance between words and digital hieroglyphs...an aperture into the marginalia of the everyday or the unusual.

Feel free to cast your own impression and post a comment, or remain underexposed, and lurk in the darkroom.

About Me

My photo
I am an anthropologist by training. I can daydream in a few languages, and enjoy finding hints of the exotic in the everyday.

Others' eccentricities...

photo(trope)ists...

Eye on the World

Click to leave a comment via GoogleVoice(mail)...