Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend...Motorcycles

Yesterday evening Daniela and other neighborhood ladies caught a soccer doubleheader in town. So, another dad and I took the kids for ice cream...the old-fashioned way, walking with a red wagon.


(If you want to ride along in the wagon at your own pace, click here.)

This morning, as they do each Memorial Day Sunday, the police closed I-66 and the Rolling Thunder peered over the asphalt horizon, right on schedule.

I recognized a few of the faces from last year's ride, and enjoyed many new ones. Here are some of my favorites:


If you want to wave at the bikers at your own pace, click here.)

1 comments:

Motownrunner said...

Looks like a good workout for your molleros up in the first slide show. Loved the motorcycle pictures. I want one.

This blog is...

...a space for focusing and commenting on images, for ranting in the lexicon of pictures, for exploring the dissonance and/or consonance between words and digital hieroglyphs...an aperture into the marginalia of the everyday or the unusual.

Feel free to cast your own impression and post a comment, or remain underexposed, and lurk in the darkroom.

About Me

My photo
I am an anthropologist by training. I can daydream in a few languages, and enjoy finding hints of the exotic in the everyday.

Others' eccentricities...

photo(trope)ists...

Eye on the World

Click to leave a comment via GoogleVoice(mail)...