Sunday, August 23, 2009

I C U, C'ing Me, C'ing U...

[August 5, 2009.] We drove to the Ammersee, a lake west of Munich, and had planned to ferry across on a steamboat. Shortly after parking, I saw a few men in Lederhosen, some of them carried musical instruments. While waiting for the steamboat to arrive, the music started. A contagious dialect of Bavarian folk music. Then, the crowd broke out in dance.






Two women dancers bore a striking resemblance to each other. One of them glared back at me in presumptive disapproval, the other smiled. In an instant different emotions were summoned, and contrasting reactions glared at my lens. I still can't decide which expression is more honest. I still can't decide which expression I like more.

2 comments:

Motownrunner said...

I like the sassy look of the girl on the right.

(Ken) said...

...and her dance partner is rockin' Lederhosen and retro VANS slip-on, checkered skateboard sneakers. I love the fashion syncretism.

This blog is...

...a space for focusing and commenting on images, for ranting in the lexicon of pictures, for exploring the dissonance and/or consonance between words and digital hieroglyphs...an aperture into the marginalia of the everyday or the unusual.

Feel free to cast your own impression and post a comment, or remain underexposed, and lurk in the darkroom.

About Me

My photo
I am an anthropologist by training. I can daydream in a few languages, and enjoy finding hints of the exotic in the everyday.

Others' eccentricities...

photo(trope)ists...

Eye on the World

Click to leave a comment via GoogleVoice(mail)...