Monday, June 16, 2008

Dysphoric Dendrochronology


My zestiness is temporarily truncated...by the 41st impression. 41 concentric circles...a hypnotic geometry etched in my vascular cambium...Spirograph doodle chronograph...involuted clockwork...marking time. My mood is enhanced by a recent spell of thunderstorms. These tempests harvested quite a few trees in the area...their final pose, an unceremonious uprooting along the asphalt canals and concrete tributaries. My branches creek, days after our weekly soccer game, another timepiece...cartilaginous hourglass movement. But please, do not misinterpret my humor...it is not bitterness. I am merely cloy with the abundance of nostalgic fruit. (Me empalagué al contemplar el recorrido.)

Many of the fruits were running around this weekend as we celebrated a few birthdays and Father's day. If you prefer to pick your own...click here.

3 comments:

Motownrunner said...

kids are the best. what awesome pics!! thanks for sharing primo!!! can't wait to see you guys.

(Ken) said...

De Nada! Just think...you'll get to run around with the little rascal too. :)
Kids make growing old a bit less traumatic, and more fun. I agree.

Motownrunner said...

hi kenito. i finally figured out how you did yours. it wasn't as hard as i had imagined. next thing i want to learn is to put links in my blog posts. maybe you can teach me how to do that in dc. espero que todo este bien por tus lares!

This blog is...

...a space for focusing and commenting on images, for ranting in the lexicon of pictures, for exploring the dissonance and/or consonance between words and digital hieroglyphs...an aperture into the marginalia of the everyday or the unusual.

Feel free to cast your own impression and post a comment, or remain underexposed, and lurk in the darkroom.

About Me

My photo
I am an anthropologist by training. I can daydream in a few languages, and enjoy finding hints of the exotic in the everyday.

Others' eccentricities...

photo(trope)ists...

Eye on the World

Click to leave a comment via GoogleVoice(mail)...