Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Reciprocal Refractions...

Yesterday, another day in the labyrinth of the concrete, was ordinary. When the time came, I saddled up for my afternoon caffeine safari. This routine requires walking past the U.S. Government Printing Office. The one-city-block building is an architectural relic...the agency's nomenclature even betrays its status as an endangered species imperiled by the digital age. As I strode through the maze, an orange-yellow taxi whizzed past. Minutes later and with an unsweetened double espresso in hand, I retraced my steps.

Hours later, at home, I heard the kids scream. "Papa! You HAVE to come see this." I turned another page of my novel. "PAPA! Bring your camera!" They all ran outside with their cameras. I followed with my own. The resulting encounter was a welcome disorientation within the labyrinth of the abstract. We stared. We took photographs. The neighbors joined in.... (Click on the rainbow to search for the leprechauns.)

5 comments:

Motownrunner said...

wow!!! crazy beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I have only seen a double rainbow before in Truckee, California with the Donner Pass as a backdrop...this one is as majestic...wow!!!!

Paola said...

Che meraviglia ! E voi ? Come state ?

Aida Rita said...

impressive !! I love how the neighbors came out as well.

Willow said...

Gorgeous shot. How fortunate you are!

This blog is...

...a space for focusing and commenting on images, for ranting in the lexicon of pictures, for exploring the dissonance and/or consonance between words and digital hieroglyphs...an aperture into the marginalia of the everyday or the unusual.

Feel free to cast your own impression and post a comment, or remain underexposed, and lurk in the darkroom.

About Me

My photo
I am an anthropologist by training. I can daydream in a few languages, and enjoy finding hints of the exotic in the everyday.

Others' eccentricities...

photo(trope)ists...

Eye on the World

Click to leave a comment via GoogleVoice(mail)...