Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Meditative Mornings...

I woke up in a contemplative mood today...5:02 am. After peering through the curtains at the park across the street, I realized it was still too early. 5:31 am, awake again...so I decided to try and seize the early morning rays, and greet the sun as it hurdled the tree line. Thirty minutes or so went by, a gradual clarity intensifying around me. Where was the chariot of fire beginning its journey across the sky? A bit restless from this morning's disappointing enlightenment, I decided to walk away from the park bench. 6:18 am. Then I saw the orange streaks dancing ahead of me, and turned around.

2 comments:

Motownrunner said...

ooh. love this. i love mornings like this.

(Ken) said...

I do to...they are a rare luxury :)

This blog is...

...a space for focusing and commenting on images, for ranting in the lexicon of pictures, for exploring the dissonance and/or consonance between words and digital hieroglyphs...an aperture into the marginalia of the everyday or the unusual.

Feel free to cast your own impression and post a comment, or remain underexposed, and lurk in the darkroom.

About Me

My photo
I am an anthropologist by training. I can daydream in a few languages, and enjoy finding hints of the exotic in the everyday.

Others' eccentricities...

photo(trope)ists...

Eye on the World

Click to leave a comment via GoogleVoice(mail)...