Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy (En)Trails...

After four hours, I surveyed my hands at midnight. They were a deep black, darker than squid ink and coated in a repulsive moisturizing bile freshly harvested from the labyrinth of pipes under the sink and beneath the walls. The aromatic bouquet, a rancid eau d' compost, reminded me of the alabaster vapors drifting and dancing through Haiti's Cité Soleil slum. For hours, I pushed and pulled a series of coiled spring-steel snakes into and out of various plumbing orifices around the house. Home Sweet Home, constipated by a pound of green beans that Daniela decided to "recycle" in the kitchen sink disposal.... Home, Sweet, Home...I hate you.
This morning, my father and I continued the battery of enemas...until I heard the gurgling gasps rising from the rooftop drain pipe. I sat there on the roof and sighed, humbled by my close encounter with domestic excreta.

0 comments:

This blog is...

...a space for focusing and commenting on images, for ranting in the lexicon of pictures, for exploring the dissonance and/or consonance between words and digital hieroglyphs...an aperture into the marginalia of the everyday or the unusual.

Feel free to cast your own impression and post a comment, or remain underexposed, and lurk in the darkroom.

About Me

My photo
I am an anthropologist by training. I can daydream in a few languages, and enjoy finding hints of the exotic in the everyday.

Others' eccentricities...

photo(trope)ists...

Eye on the World

Click to leave a comment via GoogleVoice(mail)...