Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sunrise...Silhouette

6:45 am...I headed for DC. A few minutes later, I saw the streaks across the skyline as I crossed over the Potomac. I reached behind me and into the backpack. Cruising along Independence Avenue on my way to Capitol Hill, I desperately sought to capture the glow. The exposure to these hues and tones affected me all day. My moods radiated with solace.
...along Independence Avenue, approaching the Tidal Basin.
...along Independence Avenue, Air and Space Museum (Smithsonian) on the left.

3 comments:

amalia said...

I miss living in DC!!! Beautiful skies....

Aida Rita said...

Is this safe, driving while taking pictures? You probably can't drive while talking on the phone, but you can take pictures ... :)
Awesome pictures!

(Ken) said...

Taking Pictures While Driving (TPWD)... :) Hmmmm. Weeeelllll...there is a law in DC against using a cell phone while driving. I promise you that I will never take pictures from a cell phone camera, while driving or at any other time. TPWD is just as safe as...say...taking pictures while letting a young child crawl into a dryer. ;) Un abrazo.
PS: We have great dryers in the DC metro area. So when are you folks moving over?

This blog is...

...a space for focusing and commenting on images, for ranting in the lexicon of pictures, for exploring the dissonance and/or consonance between words and digital hieroglyphs...an aperture into the marginalia of the everyday or the unusual.

Feel free to cast your own impression and post a comment, or remain underexposed, and lurk in the darkroom.

About Me

My photo
I am an anthropologist by training. I can daydream in a few languages, and enjoy finding hints of the exotic in the everyday.

Others' eccentricities...

photo(trope)ists...

Eye on the World

Click to leave a comment via GoogleVoice(mail)...