Saturday, October 11, 2008

Yom Pikkture

On Thursday, my day was weighted with reflection. In the early afternoon, Ari hovered as I shrouded myself with solemn introspection. He is an eight-year old boy. He relishes time spent with his father, especially when we embark on father-son adventures. This day was not such an occasion. Still, his childish exuberance escaped the gravity of this day. Atonement has many melodies, so I decided to improvise and create a form of pixelated expiation. I decided to make up for the times when I had said, "not now..." or "later...."

"Ari, grab your camera, and I'll take mine. Let's go for a walk." "Really," he doubted. Along the bike path, we talked about photography, nature, and framing images around us....

(Click on the images to focus on the colors.)

0 comments:

This blog is...

...a space for focusing and commenting on images, for ranting in the lexicon of pictures, for exploring the dissonance and/or consonance between words and digital hieroglyphs...an aperture into the marginalia of the everyday or the unusual.

Feel free to cast your own impression and post a comment, or remain underexposed, and lurk in the darkroom.

About Me

My photo
I am an anthropologist by training. I can daydream in a few languages, and enjoy finding hints of the exotic in the everyday.

Others' eccentricities...

photo(trope)ists...

Eye on the World

Click to leave a comment via GoogleVoice(mail)...