Thursday, July 2, 2009

Back in Black...at the BBC

A few months ago, I planned an early morning weekend visit to the steps behind the Lincoln Memorial, and Ari volunteered to tag along. We sat on the steps and watched the crew teams row along the Potomac. We talked and we took pictures. I saw that his shadow was taller than mine, and I couldn't resist musing about the omen and its interpretations. Click. After about an hour, he gave me the look , "Are we done?" So, we headed to our favorite bagel shop for breakfast.

That day will arrive soon enough, the day foreshadowed by the moment when a father sees his son's shadow reach beyond his own. For now, I'll defer the future and focus on the specific moment...that hour on those steps.
__________

The category was Black. Click here to read the BBC Blog Editor's comments, or sidestep the narrative and click here for the gallery.

[Image 10 of 10]

3 comments:

Motownrunner said...

You are such a rockstar!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!! Margara

Aida Rita said...

I love it too !!!

Valeria Brancaforte said...

Hello Kenito!!
Beautiful picture, which soon reminded me of the popular stair shot by Sergei Eisenstein.
Complimenti!

This blog is...

...a space for focusing and commenting on images, for ranting in the lexicon of pictures, for exploring the dissonance and/or consonance between words and digital hieroglyphs...an aperture into the marginalia of the everyday or the unusual.

Feel free to cast your own impression and post a comment, or remain underexposed, and lurk in the darkroom.

About Me

My photo
I am an anthropologist by training. I can daydream in a few languages, and enjoy finding hints of the exotic in the everyday.

Others' eccentricities...

photo(trope)ists...

Eye on the World

Click to leave a comment via GoogleVoice(mail)...