Sunday, July 12, 2009

Curiousity Cabinets...

Museums...they display, exhibit, arrange, catalog, categorize, expose, feature, and showcase. And one of my favorites is the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History, a particularly intriguing social space always swarming. For a few hours this Saturday, I dissolved myself in the crowds. The Tourists. The Spectators. The Voyeurs...those infused with a nostalgia for the past and for human exploits over nature, those are the people-objects I came to see. (The displays in the cases bore me after a few minutes.) The museum experience I relish is the interplay between the gazers and the objects they confront, ignore, gawk at, pass over....

Among the curios and curious, I spied innocence reclining near the remains of the past.


Take a look for yourself, and eye the Other(s) and their interactions.



If you want to collect specimens at your own pace...click here.

2 comments:

Daniela said...

Ari, Gabri and I enjoyed the walk through your museum... thank you for the curious visions.

amalia said...

you really are a magnificent story teller with your pictures...love ya, amalia

This blog is...

...a space for focusing and commenting on images, for ranting in the lexicon of pictures, for exploring the dissonance and/or consonance between words and digital hieroglyphs...an aperture into the marginalia of the everyday or the unusual.

Feel free to cast your own impression and post a comment, or remain underexposed, and lurk in the darkroom.

About Me

My photo
I am an anthropologist by training. I can daydream in a few languages, and enjoy finding hints of the exotic in the everyday.

Others' eccentricities...

photo(trope)ists...

Eye on the World

Click to leave a comment via GoogleVoice(mail)...