Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ari's Award...

The PTA held an awards ceremony this afternoon for their annual creativity contest, REFLECTIONS. This year's theme was "WOW," and Ari won third prize for his entry in the Intermediate Photography category. After the assembly, we all congratulated him in the hallway as he held his certificate and trophy closely by his side.
Here is his photograph...
Shortly after the ceremony, I asked him how he felt. "I just entered the contest for the cookies," he commented. "If you participate, they give you cookies after the assembly." He then added...with a pensive look, "I think I'll do this again next year."

7 comments:

Motownrunner said...

what a great picture!!!

amalia said...

I think Ari got his daddy's artistic gene. Way to go Ari!!!

(Ken) said...

:) That is very chevere of you to say.

He certainly "got" my fascination with "doo-doo" bugs...because if you look closely (click on the picture itself to enlarge) you will see that the bug made some red doo-doo piles.

Do you remember us playing underneath the school buildings in Aguirre, screaming at those poor insects -- "Doo-Doo bug! Come out!" OMG...those were good times.

amalia said...

Wow! I do remember you guys screaming at the bugs under the classroom buildings. I also remember you guys catching lizards and making earings out of them. Gross!!!! Happy pavo day!!!

(Ken) said...

We didn't make earrings out of them...we let them bite our ears and walked around with them :)

Motownrunner said...

i remember the under the building adventures too. that feels like centuries ago.

Aida Rita said...

Awesome picture !

I remember Bebo and Tino doing the lizard thing on their ears ...

This blog is...

...a space for focusing and commenting on images, for ranting in the lexicon of pictures, for exploring the dissonance and/or consonance between words and digital hieroglyphs...an aperture into the marginalia of the everyday or the unusual.

Feel free to cast your own impression and post a comment, or remain underexposed, and lurk in the darkroom.

About Me

My photo
I am an anthropologist by training. I can daydream in a few languages, and enjoy finding hints of the exotic in the everyday.

Others' eccentricities...

photo(trope)ists...

Eye on the World

Click to leave a comment via GoogleVoice(mail)...